Call for Expression of Interest for Point In Time - Spring 2020
On behalf of the Nanaimo Homeless Coalition, the United Way of Central & Northern Vancouver Island is accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) to contract an agency to manage the Spring 2020 Point in Time (PiT) Count.
The PiT count is a collaborative project that will provide up-to-date data on the number of homeless citizens within the City of Nanaimo. It is part of a nationally coordinated homeless count taking place this spring across the country, and is funded by the Federal Housing initiative, Reaching Home. The data collected in the PiT Count will help identify trends and improve response to the needs of this vulnerable population. It will also inform policy and direct the levels of investment in affordable housing strategies by government.
The contract is for a six-month period from October 2019 to March 2020. The Pit Count itself will take place between March and April 2020. Specifically, the project seeks to achieve the following:
· to engage community
· to provide a current ‘snapshot’ of our homeless population
· to measure our progress in reducing/responding to homelessness in our community
· to provide a follow-up data set to the 2018 PiT Count
· to provide regional data to the Canadian context
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage a PiT Count committee with local direct service providers and other agencies including RCMP to participate in the count.
· Experience with data collection, report writing, and volunteer management
· Knowledgeable of the homelessness context and community in Nanaimo
If your organization is interested in leading this project, please submit a one-page EOI with a proposed budget by 12:00 pm, October 1, 2019 to Terra Kaethler at firstname.lastname@example.org