Thanks to our generous donors, United Way is funding 91 programs from May 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 that will help more than 42,000 people. To learn about all the great programs your donation is fueling right now, read here.
When will the Call for Proposal for renewal (1-year grants) and new grants come up?
Renewal of 1-year & 2-year grants
2-year grants (2017-2019)
- Thank you to our Community Partners running two-year funded programs who participated in presentations for the fall fundraising campaign. We appreciate your help!
- If our 2017 fundraising campaign performs as expected and your program deliverables are as expected, then the second year of funding will be confirmed by March 31, 2018. As per your MOU, your second year of funding will start May 2018.
- No grant application is required to renew the second year.
- Interim reports will be due near the end of the first year of funding in spring of 2018.
1-year grants (2017-2018)
- Thanks to all our Community Partners running successful programs with one-year funding this year. Thanks for submitting your interim reports on time allowing us to assess your program, and thanks for participating on our fundraising campaign in fall 2017.
- If our 2017 fundraising campaign performs as expected, then most of our existing 1-year Community Partner grants (currently funded May 2017- April 2018) will also be renewed for another year May 2018-April 2019. This means you do not have to re-apply for another 1-year grant for next fiscal 2018-19.
- Please look for an email from one of our Impact staff members by no later than January 15th, confirming that you are eligible to be automatically renewed. You will still need to fill out a final report this spring 2018 on the 2017-2018 grant.
- For the last two years we have been funding new grants and testing new programs throughout our region. Many of those programs are now running successfully and we are looking at whether to introduce them in other communities in our region.
- United Way of Central & Northern Vancouver Island may do a call for proposals for a small number of additional new grants for 2018-2019. Check the website in March 2018 for more info.
Why the change this year?
- It has been a number of years since United Way of Central & Northern Vancouver Island carried out consultations in our communities to help set our multi-year impact investment strategy. In 2018-19, we will continue to fund a great array of effective programs AND focus on community consultations to develop our next Community Investment Strategy (2019-2022).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Partners can contact our impact officers in the following regions:
Cowichan & Central Island -- email@example.com
North Island -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Non-Profits Applying for Funding
United Way looks to fund agencies that can measure the outcomes of the programs we fund. For criteria on programs that United Way funds, check our Funding Guidelines page.
If you represent a non-profit who has never applied for funding from UWCNVI and would like to be added to the notification email list, please email email@example.com.