Board of Directors Nominations
We are currently accepting nominations for the Board of Directors. A board member must be willing to:
- Place the good of our donors and our organization above his or her own self-interest
- Act as a steward or trustee for the values and resources that belong to our community
- Perform his or her role according to high ethical standards
The governing style of the Board has a focus on strategic leadership rather than administrative operations.
We are seeking a diversity of members with a variety of skills including Legal, Financial, Non-Profit, Business, Educational, Administrative or Human Services.
We are recruiting individuals who have:
- A strong sense of integrity
- An interest in our mission and the people that we serve
- A sphere of influence
- The skills to work effectively with others
- A willingness to learn and grow
- A sense of a wider community
- An orientation to the future
- Enthusiastic support for our organization
- A commitment of time
- A willingness to use special skills
- An ability to support board fundraising activities
Board terms are three years with a two term maximum. The average monthly commitment is four to eight hours. If you are interested in this volunteer position, please submit a resume and brief statement of interest and what experience, skills and abilities you offer our organization (you cannot have been a staff member for the past five years).
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.